Data protection policy in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
TEC Data protection policy
The goal of this data protection policy is to depict the data protection aspects that affect and encompass all of TEC. It can also be used as the basis for statutory data protection inspections, e.g. by the customer within the scope of commissioned processing. This is not only to ensure compliance with the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) but also to provide proof of compliance.
TEC collects a large amount of personal and professional data from its customers, during the process of testing aviation personnel for their ELP level. In addition to this, TEC is the holder of test result records and reports. For TEC, the highest data protection goals are met………………..
TEC security policy and responsibilities.
- TEC stores all personal data in both electronic and paper form for a period of 6 years as from the date of test. This period of time is set by Civil Aviation Authorities and it ensures that their right to audit is respected.
- Electronic format data is stored in a private server to which only TEC administration and management have access.
- Data in paper form is stored in secure locked areas of TEC offices.
- All personnel related to TEC are aware of the personal nature of the data that is in the possession of TEC and are under the obligation to respect the Data Protection laws as well as internal TEC policy.
- Contact details of TEC customers are only used to advise them of the expiry of their ELP certificate and to inform of relevant training.
TEC Customer rights.
- TEC customers may request at any time to not be contacted to inform them of certificate expiry.
- They may request that the relevant Civil Aviation Authority audit their test material. The CAA will have the right to comply with this request if they so wish and TEC will make available the relevant test Date to them and to them only.
- TEC customers will not have their test results revealed to anyone except themselves and/or their schools or companies.
- TEC customers will not have their details, personal information, test results or contact details revealed to any third party at any time, weather totally or partially.
- TEC is committed to the highest values which include;
- The respect and protection of our customer’s data as well as their time, effort and achievements.
- The respect for our staff, their wellbeing and the provision of an appropriate working environment.